Friday, March 04, 2005

"Rebirth" of the Democrats

Professor Bainbridge doesn't seem to think that this new, scripture quoting, church going democratic party is as evangelical friendly as they say they are. "Actions speak louder", he says. But, even though I live in a blue state, I have a red-state heart, and as ya'll knows, us red-staters ain't too bright. But I had a go at thinkin' about this kinder, gentler democratic party. I figger there's some advantages to bein' a liberal democrat.

1. I can quit tithin', an' git the gummint and other folks to do it fer me.

2. I can start complainin'. Them folks like complainin', you know, cuz' fer them it really does somethin', but you don't have to do nothin'. So I can quit all this volunteer stuff, and jus' complain.

3. Far as I can see, feelin' right for them folks is all the same as doin' right. Now everybody knows which one o' those two's tougher.

That's what I have so far. But it sure seems like a no-brainer, don't it? I mean, I've heard 'em quote scripture an' all. You know, while I was thinkin', it came to me . . . seems like there's somthin' I wanted to remember . . .

No comments: